Are you considering rebranding?
Whether the mission of your company has changed, your industry’s image has shifted or you are just ready to refresh your logo, rebranding can be a great way to rejuvenate your brand and stay relevant … if you follow these important steps first.
4 Steps to Launching a New Brand
1. Identify a strategic reason for rebranding. Before you start on the rebranding road, it is imperative to have a clear understanding of why you are choosing to rebrand AND to be strategic about it. You might consider rebranding if:
- Your logo is outdated
- Your image has been associated with negative press
- Your logo does not appeal to your target audience
- Your logo is similar to your competitor’s
- Your name changed
2. Have a plan. The rebranding process should be clearly mapped out before you begin. You should have a timeline to help keep things moving and on budget. Having a strategy in place for the introduction of your new brand will enable you to create “excitement” about your new brand through press releases, events and newsletters/blogs.
3. Commit to your new image and communicate. Wikipedia describes rebranding as “a marketing strategy in which a new name, term, symbol, design or combination thereof is created for an established brand with the intention of developing a new, differentiated identity in the minds of consumers, investors, competitors and other stakeholders.” It’s not just about a new color palette and font. Rebranding includes communications and messaging along with the visual aspect. Once you unveil your new brand, it’s important that you immediately stop using the old logo, letterhead and collateral. Continuing to use outdated brand materials will distract and confuse your audience, ruining the impact of your rebranding effort.
4. Enlist the help of professionals. It is important to partner with a creative agency that understands and can help you navigate the rebranding process. Let Corcomm Creative guide you through the journey to successfully launch your rebranding campaign!
The rebranding process can be intimidating, but, if done properly, it can bring new life and lasting benefits to your company.