In the last 10 years...
- My husband and I have gone from caring for two little people (ages 4 and 1) and four animals (three cats and a dog), to caring for two animals (one cat, one dog) and three little people (ages 14, 11 and 2).
- I quit my full-time, well-paying job to take a huge risk with my career. My husband, thank God, has been supporting me the entire time—even through those first six months, when I had zero clients and zero income. (He deserves sainthood for that!)
- I have gone from working in a traditional office space with coworkers; to my dining room table, working alone; to my basement home office, first working alone, then with a coworker; then back to a traditional office space, now with two coworkers.
- I have taken advantage of a schedule that allows me to be a part of my kids' school field trips and holiday parties, take two-thirds of my kids to who-knows-how-many orthodontist appointments, and wrangle and carry six animals (three dogs, three cats, in all) to similarly countless vet appointments.
- I have worked with countless (OK, un-counted) clients, ranging from other sole proprietors to regional and national businesses and not-for-profits, with the majority being local small businesses and not-for-profits.
- I have grown professionally, learning how to run a small business from scratch. In the process, I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about accounting, taxes and cash flow.
- I have brought on a team of two women who are amazing at what they do, passionate about their families and determined to serve our clients the best way possible.
The last 10 years have swept by like the wind, and I'm eager to see what the next 10 years hold for our little business. I am extremely thankful and am feeling blessed. Thank you for being a part of it.